Responsible for conducting experiments in the test kitchen and on production lines, for innovation and continuous improvement in terms of quality and effectiveness of the portfolio of products, produced by Wenner Bakery/Europastry USA.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Works in conjunction with the Chief Innovation Officer to create new formulations and to improve existing products.
- Produces kitchen samples of newly formulated products and manages the documentation of recipes and manufacturing procedures to make new items or improve existing items.
- Assists team on moving kitchen experiments to production lines.
- Provides training to Wenner personnel in baking techniques, including QA Kitchen Inspectors and Sales Technicians.
- Conducts routine product cuttings of WB and co-packed items. Product cuttings should be evaluated against known company standards and conduct product cuttings of WB products against similar competitor items.
- Responsible for Kitchen testing of reformulating to lower cost of recipes and help reduce the amount of different recipes to bring down food costs.
- Does Plant/Kitchen tests for development opportunities to enhance reduction in waste, improvement of yield and reduction of downtime.
- Works closely with Q/A to assist in defining product specifications and identifies product/process improvements to achieve superior product quality
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Prepares formulas and assist in the manufacturing in the innovation process
- Serves as liaison with the Europastery Specialist to ensure the Wenner fashion of their products and helps EPS to understand the US style of baking and market operations.
- Provide bakery support to operations as needed for quality improvement and problem solving
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments. Must follow all Company Safety policies, as well as all GMP regulations
This position will be working in a production kitchen environment, utilizing typical equipment. This position will be required to work throughout the production areas. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to extreme cold/hot temperatures. The employee is potentially exposed to airborne particles. Safety shoes and other personal protective equipment are required when entering production facilities.
Bachelor’s Degree required in Food Service or similar. AIB preferred.
Thorough knowledge of bread manufacturing experience, food industry/commercial bakery preferred. Good understanding of bread methodology and baking science. 2-3 years of practical baking experience, also have prior experience in a R&D role.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Effective skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, good interpersonal skills with also the ability to work independently.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations and be able to come up with a solution.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
WENNER BAKERY / EUROPASTRY USA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled